Powered by Blogger.

T-shirt home decor

>> Thursday, April 21, 2011

To celebrate Earth week, and I wanted to share with you some ideas on how to recycle your old t-shirts to create some amazing decorative accessories for your home. We can go green while making our homes look great!

Photo Credits: Anyone can quilt
Make pillows with your kid's favorite t-shirts.  This is a great idea to incorporate a cartoon character that your kid loves in their bedroom ,without going overboard .

Photo Credits: Betz White

You can frame t-shirts to make inexpensive art.  T-shirts with bold graphic prints look great when framed!

Crotchet t-shirt yarn to make these beautiful bowls to hold your jewelery, watches and other items that get collected on your dressers and nightstands! I bet we all have a husband who will throw the keys and wallet on any flat surface insight.


Weave beautiful rugs with old t-shirts. To learn how to weave this rug click here.


Photo Credits: Craftaholics Anonymous

I love this wreath. The pom poms are made from old t-shirts.

Make a bean bag cover. Any teen would love a bean bag covered with his favorite team t-shirts!

Making a quilt out of t-shirts is a great way to use all the t-shirts that you collected on your travels.They make great gifts for Graduation, Going off to College, and sports fans.Cannot sew yourself, there are lots of Etsy sellers who can do it for you.

You might also enjoy reading Clever Storage solutions.

 I enjoy sharing unique and creative ideas with you. Check out my idea gallery.  If you like my blog, Do follow me on GFC/facebook/Twitter . I love new readers!

Photo Credits: Etsy, Craftaholics anonymous, Betz white, Urban Outfitters.


13 comments:

Mostly Food and Crafts April 21, 2011 at 4:10 PM  

What a fun post - I know I have some old t-shirts I could repurpose

Opal Stevens April 22, 2011 at 6:41 AM  

Following from the Social Parade Follow on Friday blog hop :D

http://opalstevens.blogspot.com

Unknown April 22, 2011 at 7:40 AM  

What fun ideas!! Thanks for sharing!!

andiejaye April 22, 2011 at 11:45 AM  

this is cute. i've been thinking about something similar with my great-grandmother's old aprons. i'll have to link it back to you since you've provided me the inspiration to actually DO it! thanks!

Kristie at The Decorologist.com April 22, 2011 at 2:12 PM  

what fun ideas! i especially like the t-shirt pillows and i LOVE the t-shirt pom-poms! thanks for the inspiration :)

Ashley@ DesignBuildLove.co April 22, 2011 at 2:52 PM  

Totally LOVE your t-shirt pillows!!!

Anonymous,  April 22, 2011 at 7:56 PM  

My brain kicked me when I read this post and said, "Damn, you just are NOT using me correctly!"

Awesome ideas!

Anonymous,  April 23, 2011 at 3:29 PM  

Great ideas! I never would have thought of weaving them! Thanks for linking up to my party. :)

Beauty Boss Agnes April 25, 2011 at 8:05 AM  

Great ideas.....following from Blog Frog...

Julie Bagamary April 27, 2011 at 4:06 AM  

What fun ideas. Never thought of using t shirts for baskets.

Judy Whatilivefor April 27, 2011 at 2:08 PM  

Ooh, I like the wall hangings. I'd also love to crochet like that and think it would be so fun to have a T-shirt bowl like that :)

Vanessa Scott May 6, 2011 at 5:19 PM  

Great ideas. My mom wanted to make me a quilt years ago but I wasn't ready to give up my favorite shirts yet. I did make a t-shirt skirt last summer that I love! Thanks for all of these other great ideas!

Vanessa
New follower from Hop Along Friday

http://cooperave.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers

Blog Top Sites

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Blogger template

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP