Powered by Blogger.

Living room inspiration - pink, grey and beige

>> Sunday, July 10, 2011

I have started working on my living room. I have  grey walls, a beige sofa and a lucite table. I love neutral colors for the upholstered pieces as it allows me to change the look easily.

I was looking for pillows on Etsy while I came across one with a bold graphic pink fuchsia flower. I had to buy it! There are some things that you fall in love instantly.


If you think pink is for little girls, think again. Pink paired with neutrals like beige, white,brown, black and  grey create very classic elegant elegrooms. Pink works great with other accent colors like apple green, blue and orange.

I love the use of metallic accents paired with pink. Think of pink flowers in a silver cup.  You cannot go wrong with that!

Here is a quote I found on the Pantone website for the color Honey suckle pink  which is hot this year -- Courageous. Confident. Vital. A brave new color, for a brave new world. Let the bold spirit of Honeysuckle infuse you, lift you and carry you through the year. It’s a color for every day – with nothing “everyday” about it.

Here are pictures that inspire me.






Can't wait to see how the rooms will look when it is done!
Do check out my idea gallery and I hope to see you on GFC/Facebook and Twitter.

Photo credits: House and home, Decorpad, 86073.com , Google images.

17 comments:

Jacqueline July 10, 2011 at 11:57 AM  

Great pillow and photos, I think a little pink in a room is very lovely and not to girly.

Anonymous,  July 11, 2011 at 11:25 AM  

Oh.. I love pink too... All the pics are stunning! such inspirations!! wow!! :-)

Nayana July 11, 2011 at 11:54 AM  

pillow is beautiful, can't wait to see the new look.all inspiration are great.

Kelly July 11, 2011 at 1:37 PM  

it think it'll be great if you do it. love love love all your inspirations.

Anonymous,  July 11, 2011 at 2:38 PM  

Pink just for little girls? No way! :0)
I love the pics for inspiration. If my hubby would let me do a pink palette for the living room, I totally would.
That plate display is gorgeous!

Sarmistha July 11, 2011 at 5:11 PM  

I love fuchsia.A pink flower on a metal....gorgeous with a modern touch!!

Barbara Pilcher July 12, 2011 at 4:18 AM  

I agree with you on the pink issue. You've chosen good photos to make your point. I know your room will be beautiful.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

notyet100 July 12, 2011 at 8:03 AM  

Luv the cushion nd ya even I luv pink colour

jess@balancing the dream July 12, 2011 at 9:49 AM  

I am LOVING that bright accent color! it's perfect!

Ashley July 12, 2011 at 7:07 PM  

wow i love it all:)
http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime July 13, 2011 at 5:14 PM  

The Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop became the coolest party on the block because of your participation :) Thank you!

Fonda @Southern Scraps July 14, 2011 at 3:38 PM  

Pink is powerful! Love that pillow and your inspiration photos.

Alison Agnew July 18, 2011 at 4:45 PM  

i used to turn my nose up at pink...back in high school i was a goth girl wanna be forever in black...but after growing up i realized that pink is so delicious...can't wait to see your room all pinkified...thanks for sharing at fridays unfolded!

alison
stuff and nonsense

Anonymous,  October 21, 2018 at 11:38 PM  

The color combination of a space in a home adds to the overall all ambiance of the house. It makes me more excited to look for apartments for rent in Dubai right away and move-in to a new home!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers

Blog Top Sites

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Blogger template

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP