Powered by Blogger.

Sharpie wallpaper

>> Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Have you ever scolded a toddler for scribbling on the walls? I am guilty of that! After you read this post, you might be inspired to do so yourself.

Sharpie is great for drawing on paper but it works great on your walls too! don't believe me? Look at these creative wall treatments. Mimic the look of expensive wall paper with a sharpie!


Photo Credits: Rethink Design

Trace a trellis using a stencil or draw feehand as done in the pictures below.

Photo Credits:

Photo Credits: Currbly.com

This is inspired by  Frekvenssi wallpaper for Marimekko


Photo credits: Ohdeedoh

This design was inspired by Schumachers Birds and butterflies wallpaper.


Photo Credits: Charolettemann.co.uk

Isn't this a fun design? A great idea for a statement wall. The artist is charlotte Mann. A wall, a sharpie and lots of skill and imagination is required to create this wall.

The best thing is that Sharpie's come in a wide range of colors and unlike traditional wallpaper is easy to paint over!

So get your creative hat on, and start drawing on your walls!

Want more great ways to use your sharpie, join me on GFC/Facebook/Twitter.  Do check out the idea gallery!

12 comments:

Dawn June 1, 2011 at 9:36 AM  

i don't think i'd have the patience to do this but it is cool! my walls are currently decorated by my children :)

Neha@ All things beautiful June 1, 2011 at 1:21 PM  

Hi Radhika,

I just chanced upon your blog while blog hopping...a very nice one! You have a nice home.
Will surely visit your blog again.

Christine June 1, 2011 at 4:02 PM  

Nice....I have a bunch of sharpies and a couple of bare bathrooms. Hmmm........

AsylumTanya June 2, 2011 at 9:03 AM  

"lots of skill and imagination is required"...SIGH! Sadly I am lacking in these areas. However, I can appreciate the skill and imagination of others! Thanks for sharing!

Jessica June 2, 2011 at 3:06 PM  

What an awesome idea! I would be too scared of messing up though!

At The Picket Fence June 3, 2011 at 7:56 PM  

Great inspiration pics and ideas! Thanks for sharing this at Inspiration Friday this week!
Vanessa

J Rodney June 8, 2011 at 5:44 AM  

This is very interesting. I will admit I am a fan of the Mr. Clean sponges, because my toddler likes to express himself, if he finds something to write with.

Thank you for participating in last week’s Wednesday Window @ Frugality Is Free. I hope you’ll stop by to link up your favorite blog post this week as well.

Anonymous,  June 13, 2011 at 9:13 AM  

Simply gorgeous.. ideas of wall paper... Loved your blog.. Am your new FB follower..

A Sunny Yellow Window June 14, 2011 at 10:26 AM  

Love these wallpapers! Especially Ohdeedohs and Chralottemann.

Anonymous,  October 21, 2018 at 11:45 PM  

What a way to design your home! I can't wait to look for apartments for rent in Dubai now and apply these amazing designs in my bedroom!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers

Blog Top Sites

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Blogger template

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP